Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Unfailing Love

When doubts assail
And fears within,
When life wars
With hellish din.
When friends have gone
And comforters flee -
To Whom shall I turn,
My Lord, but Thee?

The distance between
Is caused by me,
When I choose
Not to turn to Thee.
What insanity,
Or demonical power,
Makes me want to turn
From Thy Throne in this hour?

You are "by my side,
Wherever I fall."
"You raise me up,"
Lord God of all!
Though I in my foolishness
Still turn away,
You take me back
Each time I fail.

What Love is this?
I ne'er cease to wonder;
What Love corrects
And uses each blunder?
What Love can take
A faithless whore,
Accept again as wife
After each fall?

Ah Love Divine!
Uncomprehensible depth!
For my sin
The Saviour wept?!
What made Him carry
My sin to the cross?
Grace and mercy
Made Him give life to us.

Jane Johnson, 27-12-09

No comments:

Post a Comment