Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Monday, August 16, 2010

Loneliness

I need you so much,
Why have you turned away?
Who am I to turn to,
Draw strength from each day?

Your problems and pain,
You can share with me.
Friendship is mutual,
Not "just lean on me."

I want to help you,
For all that you've done.
My strength and support;
It's not been any fun.

God will bless you,
For the great work you do.
But now you turn away -
Is our friendship through?

Why won't you talk to me?
Please open your heart.
I don't want to pry -
But true friendship to start.

Instead of a drain,
A friend let me be.
Don't turn away!
Oh PLEASE talk to me!

For once I'm frustrated;
Cannot say what I wish.
Oh, brother, please listen -
Don't go like this!

What have I done
To drive us apart?
Where have you gone?
Why shut off your heart?

Because you're a guy,
You don't go it alone.
Sisters are here,
To listen to your moan.

I need you, big brother,
I need you so much.
Don't turn away -
We're losing our touch.

You have been my stay,
God kept me from sin -
By using our friendship
To help me within.

Now I am alone,
Adrift on life's sea.
Brother, come back -
Share your heart with me!

You kept my confidence
In men still alive.
If you go now -
I'll go my way and die.

Physically not,
But my soul shall be
Withered up always -
As yours is to me.

I can't reach this barrier.
Down it won't break.
Oh God, please help me!
Oh, what will it take?

I'm pulling back,
Deep down inside.
Afraid of the pain,
Afraid to try.

You won't reach out -
I can't reach within.
Brother, come back.
Our friendship grows dim.

J.J. 16-08-10

No comments:

Post a Comment