Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Awake!

Awake, my soul, and from thy banished worries cease thy care,
All thy heavy burdens thou didst with thy Master share.
Why wakest thou and take up the struggle of life from the past?
A new day dawns; leave the old and start the new at last.

'Tis strange, how sleep only provides a respite from our fears,
How many a burden is carried on through months and years.
The Master ordered us to put our burdens at His feet.
Why drag we on the struggle, when He is strong and we are weak?

So foolishly we carry on, laying not our burdens down.
The strife and stress of many a day - we still hear the battle sound.
Perfect trust and perfect love are offered from above,
Why turn away to pain and tears from such wondrous Love?

A pain-filled heart - a saddened face - shows not our Master's joy.
Peace that passeth understanding - we choose for this to cloy.
We cannot hide from the share of trials that God brings our way.
Our choice is whether to mourn through them or cheer on a bright new day.

Jane Johnson,
9-01-10

No comments:

Post a Comment