Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Choice

Written in October/November, after I fell in love to my shame with a non-Christian.

The Choice

The path lies before me
It's split in two ways.
The burden I choose
Will follow all my days.
The Cross stands before me,
Sign of ultimate love;
Divine salvation
To a wretch - from above.

Which cross shall I choose?
Let it be for His glory.
The other will give me
A horrible story.

Ah yes, another one
Lies in the road.
Wood warped and twisted
Forced together and bowed.
Bitter cross to bear!
Can this be love's story?
Must I sacrifice this
For my Saviour's glory?

"I love him;" please give me
A translation of this.
"I cannot;" is your love
More important than His?
Could you be willing
To die for this boy?
Could your lives be used
For the Saviour's joy?

The path lies before me.
It's split in two ways.
One seems to lead
To an open grave.
What will it bring
But many tears?
Much doubt and pain
Through future years?

You gave your heart
To the conquering Lord.
Traitor! You've stolen!
Feel the two-edged sword.
Divine wrath and mercy -
How can they mix?
Will He break my heart more?
Can He it fix?

Oh Love Divine
So ancient and true!
How can I think
Of deserting you?
Can't my loves mix?
One always saves;
The other is leading
To an open grave.

My God! I am too weak
To kill earthly love thus!
Happiness is rare;
Must it smash to dust?
"I love you, Lord!"
"How insincere!
Your heart is far
While your words are near."

No comments:

Post a Comment