Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Friday, January 28, 2011

So Many Fear

I’m rambunctious and noisy and crazy out here,

To hide insecurity founded in fear.

I worry what people will think when they see

The open and sensitive and vulnerable me.

Cause you find yourself open to jeers and to scorn,

Abandoned and left, downtrodden, forlorn,

By the crowd that seeks the gay and the bright,

Not the insecure, hurting, those crushed and in plight.

If you peel their facade off, I bet you will find

They’re masking too, as is the whole of mankind.

I wonder what will happen if we cast off our shells,

Kick away the mask-up and ring its death bell.

Maybe we’ll find that we all are in need,

All aching and cut up, with nothing to plead

For our errors of judgement, our sin and our pain.

When we see that, we end up masking again.

Even those born again, now the children of Light,

Still end up masking like the creatures of Night.

Why refuse to be open with the Saviour and Tower?

Why hide all the pain and deny Him His power?

No wonder the world looks and jeeringly says,

“There’s no proof THERE that He’s mighty to save!”

How can He, when we refuse to surrender,

And let Him become our Shield and Defender?

We damage the cause we try to uphold

When hiding the sorrow with its cure untold.

I’m glad God brought people close to me,

Staying in spite of my infidelity.

I’m awed and grateful that even though

God knows me, that He still loves me so.

Even though I’ve denied Him a hundred ways,

He loves me to the end of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment