Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Saturday, January 29, 2011

For Miguel ~ I Am a Pessimist

I don't often write poems with a sense of humour, but this is one I'm doing deliberately for Miguel, for calling me a pessimist. Hope it makes him laugh. :P

~ Jane


I am a pessimist,
Indubitably, forever.
If it suns, I look at the sky,
And predict it will ruin the heather.

A pessimist never smiles,
Must always ruin the fun.
If it rains, I sigh and groan,
And complain we never see sun.

If it's snowing, I sit under a quilt
All huddled up close and whine
That it's so cold, but I don't like summer.
I whinge and I peak and I pine.

When others are having a picnic,
I sit dolefully nearby.
They ask me what I'm thinking of.
I say RAIN and look at the sky.

My spirits always dampen you,
And make you lost at sea.
No wonder I lose so many friends -
They all run away from me!

Recently I bid a friend farewell,
Godspeed and come back soon.
They said it was morbid, and my friend Miguel
Proclaimed I'm a pessimistic boon.

He could've said a lot worse, I suppose.
Like I spoil every Buzz that I touch.
But then, even I would agree if he said,
Oh Jane, that's a LITTLE too much!

Hmm, what more can I say, because
I know he must be grinning by now.
Well, Mig, I hope for once that I've
Brought a smile to lips, eyes and brow!

No comments:

Post a Comment