Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dream

Dream

Some people say I am a fool,
And someday soon will come to rue
The choice to give up my life
For a dream.

Some people think I will regret
Spurning life for a dream I won't get.
Yet hope springs new and always
For my dream.

I took a decided step away,
I no longer want to live that way.
Turn with smiling fearful face
Towards this dream.

My dream has high uncertainty.
It's a barest possibility.
Motioned on, I turn
And face the dream.

A child who lives in fairyland,
Imagining, tricking out something grand.
Is it possible to live
In this my dream?

God can make men out of dust,
Disperse them with less than a gust.
If not of You, I pray
Dissolve my dream.

Before I smash my life complete,
Then end up scrounging on the street.
I'm giving up all I can
To live my dream.

No dream's too big with God right there,
It can be lived with faith and prayer.
Be Thou my solace - and oh!
Make my dream true!

No comments:

Post a Comment