Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Another Brick in the Wall

Yesterday, I called an end to a rapidly deteriorating friendship which had been long and beautiful for two years. This is my goodbye poem to my once close friend and dear big brother, Alex/Magos Kasen.


I wish you knew how much I miss you.
How much I really care.
How much I miss what we once had
And wish you were still there.

I'm sorry that I let you down,
That I let us drift apart.
I'm sorry that time has eased away
Our sibling love in hearts.

I'm glad to see life treating you kind,
Glad your love succeeds.
Glad to see you need me no more,
Though - come back - my heart pleads.

I know it's best we drift apart,
Let our lives split asunder.
Though I'll always regret that our seperation
Was caused by my huge blunders.

For you have to admit, I've lost everything
That once made me dear to you.
And my stubborn pigheaded ways
Means you can't pull me through.

So let's exchange a mutual hug,
Though I swear I'll shed more tears.
Another scar added to my collection
As you vanish in a mist of years.

Jane Johnson,
23-12-10

No comments:

Post a Comment