Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Man and His Woman

So I was thinking about the bonds that hold a Christian marriage together... :P In specifics, in relation to this poem, what a woman means to a man.
Guys feel free to correct me. ;)


A man needs a playmate.
A man needs a friend.
A man needs a lover
Who will love to life's end.
He needs someone weak
To help him be strong,
That looks to him for guidance
And support all life long.

Her heart is so fragile
He shields it with love.
A choice that he's choosing;
God's gift from above.
Her choice to respect him
Though she wants her own way,
Make sacrificial living
Love's choice every day.

Her weakness his reason
To try and be strong;
Her trust is unchanging
Even when he goes wrong.
Together they point
Each other to Christ;
The foundation of love
For the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment