Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Family Chat

Sitting here,
Surrounded by laughter,
Family, finding something to laugh at
In the bitterness that comprises our lives.

Struggling to find
Joy in the path of life.
Forcing ourselves to make merry
Or else we'd be lost in a storm of tears.

The pain emcompassing
All of our lives.
Why do You take away
The few pitiful things that provide joy?

Battered up
Crushed against the rocks
Washed in by the oncoming tide,
Sweeping us around in gusts like flotsam.

Tiredly
We crawl into bed.
Which is the only respite from
The long pain and weariness of our dragging lives.

We don't grasp
Just why our lives
Are made so miserable and You
Take away everything that we start to love dearly.

Picking
Pointing out faults
Dealing with emotional injuries.
We will survive, somehow; someday, we'll be whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment