Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Friday, October 01, 2010

Chris

I'm not intellectual, logical, bright,
I've got an A Level, so that's all right.
But right now when talking to a friend who is lost -
For a brain like his I'd exchange a lot.

He makes me feel tiny, incredibly small.
Thick, stupid and clumsy, running at his call.
He understands books, logic, the universe.
But the way he sees it, it's all in reverse.

How can I show him? Oh, how can he see
A truth he denies - God's infallability?
Lord, why don't I have a brain to match his?
Instead of being me with a mind full of fizz?

His logic is awesome - his mind defies
The logic of logic, retaining it inside.
Trying to understand, I can't help but retreat
Can I carry on loving him? This won't him beat.

God is Love - therefore I love him, though coldness defies
How can I reach his too logical mind?
Can Love break a barrier? I don't understand.
For now, I am looking back down at the ground.

1 comment: