Hiya!

Welcome to my blog. I'm afraid it won't be updated too frequently, as I only write when moved to write. These are a group of my poems, as written through the often difficult trek of the past nine months (at present) of my life.
I hope they speak to you and somehow reach the chords of your life, and that God will bring you through as He without doubt is doing to me.

God bless you.
~Jane Johnson,
August 14th, 2010

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Love

Dedicated to Mikey and Taylor.

What is love, anyway?
Love is a tremendous force;
A power and might that sweeps all before it,
That changes the course of kingdoms, of the world.
That bends stubborn hearts and proud wills.

Love changes things.
It is self sacrificing.
It gives all for the sake of others and asks for nothing in return.
It lays down its soul and heart to be trampled on
Being broken and being willing to be broken again.

That is what I have seen and experienced
Of the power and might of love.
I understand its components
Its particles, its truths, its effects,
But I cannot understand it.

It never fails.
It forgives all wrongs suffered.
It doesn't remember wrongdoing.
It encompasses, surrounds, obliterates.
These are the verbs, not the nouns, of love.

I know it in my head.
I've seen it with my eyes.
I observe it with my knowledge.
I understand it with my intellect.
But my heart is cold, and I cannot absorb the fullness,
Or understand the passion - or be lost in the love.

This is love.
That God - is Love.

Oh God, give my eyes the grace to see
Thy Love in action around me!
Give me the heart, the passion to feel -
Make me Thy channel, Thy love to reveal.

~ Jane Johnson

Please read the poem of Kiehl - CivilWarDancer.
The Greatest Love

No comments:

Post a Comment